The buses used for field trips are the same buses that are used to bring students to and from school for their regular academic program. As a result, trips will not be scheduled on dates when the NYC public schools are closed (generally all federal holidays) or on the dates shown above when the public schools have half-day sessions.
- June 9, 2017 is the last day for field trips for the 2016-17 school year.
- Trips requiring more than five (5) vehicles may not be scheduled on Fridays due to limited vehicle availability.
- Schools are responsible for fees associated with tolls and parking.
- Tolls must be paid by check - made payable to the bus vendor and given to driver at the start of the trip.
- Canceled check will serve as the receipt of payment.
- Schools must confirm all assigned trips with the bus company dispatcher two days before the scheduled trip.
- Neither OPT nor the bus companies can be responsible for routing field trips. To ensure proper travel, schools must provide bus drivers with directions to and from the field trip site.
When planning trips, please remember all buses must return to the school no later than 1:30 p.m. OPT will not provide round-trip yellow bus service for activities likely to delay return to school past 1:30 p.m. (including but not limited too: sporting events, Madison Square Garden, the Circus, the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island, Radio City Music Hall, World Marina, Marco Polo/Spirit Cruises and Staten Island Ferry). Schools may choose one-way OPT yellow bus service with other arrangements for the return trip.
For those students who use buses only for field trips, classroom instruction covering the content of bus safety drills may be provided as an alternative to formal school bus drills in compliance with Section 3623 of the State Education Department and Revised Section 156.3(h) of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education.